Thursday, July 17, 2008

North Shore, Oahu



WOW!! Ian & I had the time of our life this last week!! We were so blessed
to have the chance to go to Oahu. The first trip away from the twins...13 months
with no brake-it was WAY overdue! So a BIG THANK YOU to those who helped & made
this possible for us.
I labeled the entire front of my refrigerator with medical releases to daily
schedules and meal ideas & had a lot of sleepless nights over leaving.
OF COURSE the day before we were supposed to leave Chloe wakes up from her 2nd nap & out of the clear blue sky has "pink eye". I was freaking out-pink eye...really??? So thankfully I was able to get her a prescription that night (THANKS JEFF-I LOVE YA MAN). Our flight went out early the next morning & I guess that Kade woke up with it as well...so here I am trumpsing off to Hawaii & my poor babies eyes are glued shut & Momma is know where to be found. They were completely better by the time I got back so Thanks Am,Kris & Chelsea.
I kept telling myself that as soon as I walked out the door: I would NOT worry, I would NOT call a gzillion times a day & I would just let myself take it all in and RELAX!!

I was going to post our pics but go stuck on decorating...:-) I also added a pic of Garrett-isnt he the most beautiful baby! It's a big step for me!! It's getting late but I promise to post pics & tell you more about the trip....soon!!

7 comments:

sladefamilyaz said...

I love the new pictures and the new blog. You inspire me in so many ways - your fitness, your spirituality, your blog awesomeness, your resilience, etc. I'm so glad y'all got to go to Hawaii. Is that a postcard or a picture? Beautiful!

Hatch said...

Hi Smiths!
As you can see I am not much of a blogger and don't check it much, but so glad I did so I could see your beautiful family! I had no idea it has grown so much! Looks like you guys are doing awesome. It will be fun to be able to check in on your lives once in a while!

BeckyinQC said...

Your new blog looks great! I love your family pic as well as the kids individual ones. Garrett is so beautiful! I'm jealous of your trip - so glad you got some well deserved time away!

Kerry said...

I'm so jealous. i want a vacation to Hawaii

Charlee said...

I want to see the thong! We better get to go next time. I'm pretty new at all of this but it's fun to check out your blog. I love all the pictures, Garrett looks beautiful.
Love ya,
Char

hornes said...

Ray you are so sweet! I am so glad you got away on a trip! Reading about you leaving totally made me remember Dustin & I going on a trip & all the prep it took!I got tired just thinking about it! Maybe we should have thought about this before having a million kids! Ha! Ha! Thanks so much for the example you are to me!

Rhonda said...

Hey Ray!!! I haven't talked to you in forever! I'm glad I found your blog...now I can sneak in and see how you are doing. Sounds like a great trip and definitely deserved! I'm proud of you for posting a pic of Garrett. What an angel! Your are an amazing woman! I admire your strength. Miss you.

YEAH!!! ONE YEAR DOWN


Our handsome little man

Hanging with Daddy ALWAYS makes things better

What a good lookin CREW!!

say cheese

Grandpa's Masterpiece

Cute SnowMan!!!